11 most common interview questions
- What questions do you have for us?
- Why are you looking to leave your current role?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What two or three things would be most important to you in your ideal job, and why?
- Describe the last significant conflict you had at work and how you handled it?
- Tell me about yourself
- Walk me through your resume and explain to me how you got to where you are today
- What is your dream job? Describe it to me.
- Why were you let you go from your last position?
- How would your last boss or coworkers describe you?
- What are your salary requirements or expectations?
- What was it about this job description that caught your eye?
10 management interview questions
- Tell me about two memorable projects, one success and one failure. To what do you attribute the success and failure?
- What is your management style?
- How would you go about establishing your credibility quickly with the team?
- Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?
- As a manager in this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of X people. What specifically will you do during year on to help ensure they each become more valuable to the company and stronger performers overall?
- How would you explain a 10% departmental salary cut and still retain loyalty?
- Tell me about a time you had someone on your team who was an incredible challenge. What did you do to manage them, and how did the situation turn out?
- What is your experience with hiring and firing employees?
- Why do you like to manage people?
5 Marketing Interview Questions
- Can you show me proof of ROI (return on investment) on marketing campaign(s) that you’ve led, designed, or otherwise participated in, as well as, what lessons, both good and bad, you learned from them?
- What blogs and resources do you follow online to keep up with the industry?
- Please share with me your portfolio or any marketing materials you have created in the past. Share with me the process on the creation of these materials.
- How did you build up your own personal social media channels and online presence? What do you think works or does not work?
- How do you deal with a project that’s gone over budget or pushed past the deadline?
11 best interview question ideas for sales candidates
- Confidence- ask them about their proudest achievement
- Preparation- ask them how they prepare for sales meetings
- Authenticity- ask them about their true self, or a time they had to stay true to their own values.
- Conviction- ask the potential salesperson if they believe in your product, and why.
- Legacy- ask the candidate about their record and legacy at past companies or with past clients.
6 best interview questions to get the information you need (without breaking laws)
- What is your ideal work schedule regarding flex-time and in-office and remote working?
- Tell me about a time when you were happiest at work. Why did you feel that way?
- How would you handle a team situation where a worker wants to dive right in, another is telecommuting, and the other wants to gut the project?
- What was the worst day you’ve ever had at work and why?
- Tell me something you don’t like about yourself
- What is the single most important factor that would make you happy in your job that is not from the job itself?